Business Development and Communication Officer
The Organisation is an emerging independent think-tank and research institute with a professional, long term and high impact focus working across sectors. The Organisation is driven by a culture of critical thinking, innovation, passion, excellence, results-driven and goal getting. The position has an opportunity for long term engagement and promotion depending on performance and ability to deliver strong results with minimum supervision.
Marketing the organisation’s products, services and programmes; Developing and managing relationships with stakeholders; managing business social media (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn), website updating; Managing Clients and Partners portfolios; Take notes and prepare minutes for management and staff meetings; Organising engagements and booking meetings, Attending and meeting with new clients and partners, developing and preparing a monthly stakeholders newsletter; and marketing and maximizing brand exposure; receive, direct and relay telephone messages and communication to the appropriate staff; maintaining the general filing system and file all correspondence; assist the planning and preparation of meetings and other organisational activities; provide administrative and basic finance administrative support; provide administrative and logistics support when required; ensure general appearance of the office is always presentable and professional; Coordinate and manage procurement process; Events Management – workshops, training courses and conferencing; Follow up deliverables and deadlines with various sections of the organisation;.
Qualifications and Required Person:
• A professional or University degree qualification in Business Administration/Marketing related field and or/ plus qualification such as IMM (or in progress to attaining), with demonstrable leadership skills will be an added advantage.
• Good communication, confident, good marketing skills (service products) and strongly digital marketing skill (possessing the qualification in digital marketing will be an added advantage).
• Ability to engage at high level and being a people person.
• Computer Literacy – Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Self-starter, proactive, innovative and of a professional working style and presentation.
• Results driven and work with minimum supervision.
• Financial record keeping and administration.
• Ability to engage high level stakeholders of the organisation.
• Ability to professionally engage with different stakeholders and work with minimum supervision
The Institution is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified men, women and members of ethnic minorities or disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply. Applications accompanied with CV and Certificates should be send to: [email protected], marked “Business Development”, addressed to “Chief Executive”.
Applications will not be accepted after the closing date