Assistant Accountant – Chegutu Municipality
Key Result Areas
• Assist in the preparation of financial statements
• Facilitate and lead daily, weekly and monthly revenue collection
• Forecasting revenue performance and trend analysis
• Ensure that all payments from debtors are receipted correctly and allocated to the accounts and against appropriate invoices on a daily basis,
• Responsible for the annual license renewal process and licensing of new businesses.
• Maintains genera Ledger accounts
• Compiles revenue estimates for annual budget preparation
• Directly supervises daily activities of clerical l employees in the revenue area
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
• 5 “O” Levels including English and Mathematics.
• HND/Degree in Accounting,CIMA,ACCA or equivalent
• Thorough Knowledge of accounting procedures and principles.
• Knowledge of laws pertaining to revenues, revenue collections, and licensing
• Knowledge of and experience with computerized billing and collection systems.
• Relevant experience in local government environment. public organization.
• Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
• Computer literacy,all Microsoft applications
• .Knowledge of PROMUN is must.
• Organized and able to work under pressure
How to apply
Interested candidate should submit a handwritten application letter , a detailed CV with 3 contactable referees and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications or send email: [email protected] These must be submitted to the Town Clerk not later than 26 April 2019
P.O. Box 34