INTERNAL AUDITOR – OPHIDS
- Work closely with the management team, to establish their context, understand and identify existing and emerging risk areas, assess risks for potential severity of loss and probability of occurrence and outline the possible risk mitigation measures.
- Support management to prepare annual risk management plans for their respective departments.
- The risk management plans should outline the measures which will be put in place in order to manage the risks.
- Monitor, evaluate and review the implementation of the annual risk plans.
- Maintain and update essential award and subaward documentation: pre-award assessments, reports, checklists, site visits, important email communications.
- Maintain and regularly update a database of audit findings for OPHID and sub-recipients.
- Regularly monitor and report the status of both internal and external audit recommendations and appraise adequacy of follow-up action taken on audit findings and recommendations.
- Work closely with outsourced Internal Audit Service providers and ensure adoption and implementation of agreed recommendations.
- Carry out special audit assignments and investigations.
- Develop the annual compliance work plan for OPHID and subrecipients and periodically review and update the plan in light of changes in the environment.
- Perform compliance reviews in line with the agreed annual plan to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of controls, efficient use of resources, and compliance with OPHID, donor and other applicable requirements and regulations.
- Prepare reports documenting findings and develop recommendations to address the identified issues and control weaknesses. Agree on the timelines for corrective action with responsible managers.
- Maintain and regularly update a database of compliance review findings.
- Assist in the gathering of internal information in response to regulatory requests
- Interact with regulators on compliance issues.
Capacity Building and Advisory
- Promote a culture of knowledge of specific donor rules and regulations and OPHID policies and procedures, and other applicable guidelines through training and educating staff on internal controls, governance risk management and compliance matters.
- Support with ethics, compliance and anti-fraud awareness initiatives and facilitate sharing of best practices within the consortium in order to ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources.
- Educate employees on not only the regulations, but also the impact on the organization if these aren’t complied with.
- Review draft contracts and agreements between OPHID and other organizations to ensure compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Part professional qualification such as CIS, ACCA, CIMA and/or articled clerk.
- At least three years NGO experience, in an audit, finance or compliance position, with knowledge of
- USAID rules and regulations.
- A relevant Masters’ Degree is an added advantage.
Skills and attributes
- Demonstrated strong moral and ethical foundation.
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision, including prioritizing work and multi-tasking in order to meet deadlines.
- An objective, logical and enquiring mind.
- Excellent coaching, facilitation and communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Accounting packages.
- Commitment to continued learning, remaining well-informed regarding internal standards and business goals.
How to apply
To apply CLICK HERE