Grant Finance Office – World Vision
A. Financial Planning, Management and Reporting
- Work with SO manager and officers to come up with grant budgets that support program designs, and are in line with the WVZ budgeting guidelines, specific donor guidelines and formats and
- Support office recommendations.
- Translate donor budget formats to LEAP budget format (or any future standard budget that WVI may recommend), and post the full budget into the planned budgets screen of Sunsystems for donor reporting purposes.
- Communicate with the Support Office on PBAS commitments and, as soon as possible, advise the Finance Manager of any challenges in getting the commitments on PBAS for his/her support and follow up.
- Design and implement a spending tracking system to make sure all expenses are within budget before signing any requisition.
- Participate in FFR review meetings with SO manager and Program staff giving advice of any deviations from planned spending, with recommendations for corrective actions to avert variances that are outside of the donor flexibility rules.
- Review monthly balance sheet ledger reconciliations and analyse and follow up for clearance, any balance sheet items (for example, employee150 accounts, sub grantee accounts, amounts in accruals account, prepayments/deposits and any program receivables) that relate to the assigned grant.
B. Donor Compliance Management
- Advise the Finance Manager, Grant Coordinator, officers and key stakeholders of key grant contractual clauses, and ensure that all transactions and business processes do not violate those clauses.
- Maintain a file of all key sub-grantee documents, and make sure they are easily accessible whenever needed.
- Facilitate internal and external audits and donor compliance visits/assessments as may be required in any grant agreement.
C. Administration, Supply Chain
- Maintain a program specific asset register, and ensure that it agrees with both the ledger and the master assets register.
- Conduct quarterly asset reconciliations.
- Participate in tender meetings and/or processes that relate to the assigned grants.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A degree in Accounting or Finance. Working towards a professional qualification such as ACCA or
- CIMA will be an advantage.
- In-depth working knowledge of accounting software packages
- Excellent computer literacy skills, especially in MS Excel.
- In-depth working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the WVI Field Finance Manual.
- In-depth working knowledge of grant accounting.
- Knowledge of how to prepare, review, and present financial statements and financial reports.
How to apply
To apply CLICK HERE