Tuesday, January 8, 2019
The Admin Assistant/Driver is responsible for all administrative and logistical support at the District/Provincial office in liaison with the Program Officer/Provincial Program Coordinator performing financial acquittals, Provincial office procurements, maintaining petty cash records, maintaining asset inventory, and driving.
Administrative Support to District/Provincial office
• To ensure that the organization’s assets are properly maintained
• To ensure that all aspects of the administrative and logistical functions are carried out in compliance with OPHID policies and procedures. and general good practices;
• To support the Program Officer/Provincial Coordinator with timeous collection of financial resources from Central office, acquitting resources advanced and ensure that all required documents are attached
• Supporting the Program Officer/Coordinator to do participant payments at training and other meetings
• To safely drive OPHID vehicles as per OPHID policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations to ensure that staff arrive at and are picked from their intended destinations on time and safely
• Deliver documents to intended destinations and ensure that all deliveries have been signed for and delivered to the correct recipients.
• To clean OPHID vehicles so that they are clean all the time to make them hospitable to passengers and maintain the image of OPHID.
• To undertake daily checks on vehicles to ensure that they are roadworthy all the time so that there are no disruptions to business due to preventable faults,
• To advise the Program Officer/Provincial Program Coordinator when the vehicle is due for service and plan for the servicing of the vehicle to avoid disruptions of service due to preventable faults
• To run errands as instructed by provincial coordinator and any other senior officer
• Complete the vehicle log book and assist the Program Officer/Provincial Program Coordinator to prepare the transport report and other vehicle use records in compliance with OPHID policies and procedures
• Report any case of accident/incident to the supervisor in compliance with OPHID policies and procedures.
• 5 ‘O’ levels including Mathematics and English
• Administrative Qualifications such as National Diploma in Administration, Accounting or Purchasing
• Clean Class 4 drivers’ license with a Valid Defensive Driving Certificate
• The ability to communicate in the local languages in the respective areas will be a very strong requirement.
• Preferably recruiting from locality -Addresses and ID’s to be verified
• 5 years of work experience in a similar position;
• Proficiency in usual desktop software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) a requisite.
• Excellent computer skills in Ms Word and Excel
Please submit your CV, and application letter via e-mail to: [email protected], indicating the position and location applying for, in the subject section of the email. Please do not attach certificates when applying, these will be requested at a later date from the shortlisted candidates.
During the application process, OPHID will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment to be made for any application to be considered. Canvassing for or by any candidate will lead to disqualification.