Provincial Transport Officer: Provision of Driving Services
(Mashonaland West, Mashonaland Central, Manicaland and Matabeleland)
CAMFED envisions a world, in which every child is educated, protected, respected and valued, and
grows up to turn the tide of poverty. As the most effective strategy to tackle poverty and inequality,
Camfed multiplies educational opportunities for girls and empowers young women to become
leaders of change. Our focus is on girls and young women in rural areas of sub-Saharan Africa. This is
where girls face acute disadvantage and where their empowerment will have a transformative
impact. Camfed’s Model sees girls’ education as the starting point for social change. It shows that
partnering with communities to unlock the leadership potential of groups of girls and women at the
margins of society creates a multiplier effect like no other, delivering the only sustainable and
scalable way of addressing the world’s problems with the urgency required.
Camfed seeks to employ an experienced Transport Officer who will be engaged on a 12 months
contract. Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Administration, the Transport Officer
shall provide reliable and safe driving services. As Transport Officer, guided by CAMFED‘s
organisational policies and procedures, the Transport Officer is responsible for maintaining and
driving the organisation’s vehicles to authorized destinations in and around designated districts for
CAMFED’s operations and project staff. The Transport Officer shall demonstrate a client –oriented
approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people from
different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Promotion, implementation, observance and adherence with the CAMFED Child Protection
Policy in all operations: national, district, provincial and regional at all times.
- Drive staff and external stakeholders to various destinations as approved by Line Manager in a
safe and responsible manner ensuring appropriate and timely services.
- Comply and observe all driving and highway codes at all times.
- Exhibit highest sense of professionalism, respect and decorum on the job at all times.
- Daily communication with Line Manager regarding scheduled activities
- Ensure provision of reliable and secure services by driving Camfed vehicles
- Ferrying of authorised personnel and carrying out of all office and district errands
- Observe and ensure all passengers adhere to policies and guidelines on the use of the
organisation vehicles (e.g. use of seat belts, using vehicle only for official assignments, parking of
assigned vehicle at base latest 6pm or with express permission of Line Manager).
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is in proper and safe condition by carrying out routine checks
prior to use or travel, and report any damage or mechanical malfunctions to Line Manager
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned vehicles at all times
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use by recording and maintaining mileage logs and vehicle
history records, scheduled service of vehicles and any adhoc issue pertaining to the status of the
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle keys are placed at designated place after work
- Report immediately to Line Manager any incidents including accidents, issues with passengers in
the vehicle, change of routes due to bad weather, security and road condition etc.
- Maintaining professional interaction with clients at all levels: community, district, regional and
- Participate as a Camfed staff member in provincial, national, regional and International
engagements as requested
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
The essential requirements of the person are:
The criteria indicated below will be used to select applicants for inclusion in the interviews:
- Secondary Education.
- Valid Driver’s licence.
- Defensive driving Corse.
- At least 5 years work experience as a driver at reputable organisations.
- Safe driving record.
- Fluency in English.
This is a fixed term of 12 months. The role requires applicants to have the right to work in
Zimbabwe. We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce, we welcome applications
from all sections of society irrespective of race, colour, gender, race, disability, religion or belief.
Shortlisted Transport Officers may be required to undergo driving tests and medical examination
prior to appointment
How to apply:
Individuals interested in being included in the interviewing process must express their interest by
submitting the following documents:
- Application letter expressing interest
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) including at least three traceable references.
- Certified copies of Driver’s licence and Defensive Driving Certificate and Retest certificate.
The application and supporting documents must be hand delivered in a sealed envelope on or
before the 22 nd August, 2019 to the following email address: [email protected] or hand deliver
to Camfed Zimbabwe, 26 Campbell Avenue, Pomona, and Harare