Area Program Manager
- Leading Programme/s Assessment, Design & Implementation in line with World Vision (WV) partnership expectations & guidelines
- Lead the design and development of the programme/s, in liaison with Technical Programme Managers and community partners.
- Lead the development of the Program strategic plans and ensure that these are aligned to the National Office strategic objectives
- Communicate effectively World Vision’s identity, mission, vision, values and our approach to coordinate and facilitate development processes towards the well-being of the children in the communities.
- Model Christian leadership, practice stewardship and provide spiritual guidance/development to staff.
- Support the Program programme team/s, enabling them to focus on building and maintaining collaborative relationships with programme beneficiaries and partners.
- Facilitate capacity building of staff, partners, CBOs and other local leadership structures to enhance the sustained wellbeing of children.
- Develop and enforce internal controls and other prescribed operating standards and align operating procedure to Audit and Ministry quality guidelines.
- Support professional and personal development of staff in order to enhance their performance.
- Create and maintain effective working relationships with all key work units including Sponsorship, Grants, Program quality, Finance and administration.
- Lead the implementation of WV programing models in liaison with Technical programme managers and government extension staff.
- Ensure all sponsorship Key Performance Indicators and standards are met in the AP
Work closely with Sponsorship Specialists to mainstream sponsorship into AP programming
Manage advocacy work on Child Protection using various Advocacy Models i.e. CVA.
Networking with government, district authorities and other relevant stakeholders for successful facilitation of the development process.
- Broker and sustain partnerships and relationships with RDCs, DA’s , Support Offices and local leadership.
- Manage Area Program-wide relationships with other NGOs and network and develop partnerships with local churches and private partners for improved programming.
- Represent World Vision in various community, district and any other relevant fora.
- Ensure programme/s priorities and approaches are aligned with government policies and local authority plans.
- Enhance organisational effectiveness through team building and the provision of leadership in human resources, administration & risk management for the programme.
- Ensure qualified staff is recruited and adequately capacitated to facilitate development processes in the AP.
- Ensure compliance to WV partnership standards in finance & administration, people & culture
- Ensure the integration of HEA, grants, advocacy and provide leadership to all WV interventions in the Program.
Programme & Project Management
- Plan and coordinate Disaster Risk Reduction initiatives across the Program.
- Ensure an effective and efficient monitoring system is in place, wholly owned by community and stakeholders and providing information to meet Word Vision requirements.
- Facilitate inter and intra Program learnings to enrich programming and develop new innovations
- Consolidate monthly, semi-annual and annual program reports for submission to Support Offices and Donor
- Manage Budgets for assigned programs as per Finance Field Manual and ensure compliance
- Facilitate audit compliance and implementation of audit recommendations
- Support professional and personal development of staff through on job coaching, identification of learning and training needs/opportunities.
- Monitor funding commitments, project spending against budget, preparation and submission of required program progress and financial reports on a regular basis.
- Ensure timely follow up & resolution of audit issues in the AP.
- Ensure proper management of AP budget, project funding, expenditure and accomplishment of ministry objectives in line with WVI requirements
Safeguarding & Child Protection
- Ensure staff and partners understand WV child protection policy
- Ensure awareness raising for prevention and reporting of child protection incidents.
- Participate in, & promote establishment of children rights networks, and support policy that seeks to change structures and systems that jeopardise the rights of children in coordination with advocacy.
- Ensure that All programme assessment and design processes have an assessment of Gender Based Violence risks as well as risks to other vulnerable adults, such as people living with HIV or people with disabilities;
- Develop systems that promote the implementation of the Safeguarding Management Policy eg Community Feedback and Complaint mechanisms in WV projects as well as to ensure that the community members are aware of these.
- Ensure that all safeguarding standards are adhered to by staff and affiliates at program level as well as ensuring compliance among stakeholders/partners within your operating area.
- Ensure that program risk register are updated with safeguarding risks as per standard and copy submitted to the National office
Experience, knowledge, skills and qualities required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Rural Development, Social Sciences, Social Work, Community development and any other relevant field.
- Advanced Degree in Community Development, Social Sciences, Social work or other relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Ability to maintain strong links with other NGO’s, community structures and government agencies.
In-depth knowledge of project design, project management, project implementation and proposal writing.
- Understanding and knowledge of community development
- In-depth knowledge of WV’s field operations in both relief and Development
- Strong understanding of community-led development work
- Solid understanding on design, monitoring, and evaluation
How to apply
To apply CLICK HERE