PAYROLL ASSISTANT X1
Reports to Payroll Administrator
Location: Head Office
The position exists to assist in the payment of monthly salaries by effecting deductions and remit to the requisite authority and attend to salary queries.
Duties and responsibilities
- Receives personnel inventory and check against the payroll to confirm location of employees and status.
- Compiles and administer manual payment.
- Compiles & check master file changes on printed reports for accuracy and correctness.
- Submits the payroll report to the Human Resources Manager, in consultation with the Payroll Administrator for authorisation.
- Produces statutory and payroll stop order deductions reports and make necessary cheque requisition to Finance Department for payment.
- Ensures that all stop order payments to third parties are paid within the stipulated time.
- Produces, separates and distributes pay slips according to their pay points.
- Attends to salary queries; liaise with relevant parties to rectify any anomaly.
- Filing of all payroll documents at the end of each payroll run for easy retrieval.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2 A levels preferably including Accounting, Commerce or Economics
- National Diploma in Accounting
- Studying towards a professional qualification e.g. ZAAT, IAC, CIS, CIMA, ACCA (first stage)
- 1 year experience in payroll administration
- Pay well Payroll System Level 1 certificate
Skills and Competences
- Pay attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer literacy
Interested candidates should submit applications and their Curriculum Vitae, including certified copies of educational and professional certificates to:-
Human Resources and Administration Director
Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe
Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport
Level 3, New Terminal Building
P Bag 7716
Before or on 18 August 2018