MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCES
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, experienced, self-motivated and results oriented individual to fill the above position within the Insurance Sector of a leading Financial Services Group.
Summary of Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Undertake the recruitment and placement of staff in line with company policies and procedures
• Ensure the recruitment process is efficient and effective.
• Implement smooth on-boarding for new employees.
• Train Line Managers in the use of the Performance Management tools.
• Analyse Performance Assessment reports submitted from Units and produce consolidated reports for use by Management.
• Offer professional guidance on Industrial Relations matters to Line Management and staff & timeously offer solutions on IR challenges, queries or enquiries including proper interpretation, application & compliance with labour law statutes.
• Recommend improvements in HR systems, policies and procedures so that they remain relevant & beneficial to the business.
• Carry out HR researches & surveys on various HR subjects to enable bench-marking against best practice.
• Undertake HR relationship building activities through visits to Units/Departments in order to render timeous HR support to Business.
• Attend business meetings conducted by Units/Departments and guide them on HR issues requiring attention.
•Conduct annual training and development needs assessment for Units through liaising with the line Management.
• Assist in the implementation of the Supervisory, Management and Leadership Development Programmes.
• Perform any other duties assigned by Management from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Attributes .
6 ‘0’ Level passes including English Language and Mathematics, all obtained within no more than two sittings preferably passed with a symbol ‘B’ or better and at least 2 ‘A’ level passes
▪ Relevant recognized Degree i.e. Human Resources, Psychology, Sociology, Social Sciences. Business Studies, etc.
• A professional qualification e.g. IPMZ or progress in studies toward the attainment of same.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a relevant field.
• Previous HR experience within an Insurance set up would be an added advantage.
Good knowledge of Insurance Products, Services and Operations.
Good leadership skills, service & team oriented and able to work under pressure with minimum supervision. Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Contact Centre software packages, etc.
Applicants should email their applications together with certified copies of certificates of academic and professional qualifications and a detailed Curriculum Vitae, including contact telephone numbers, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday 22 November 2018.