Process deposits and pay out funds in accordance with bank procedures; to record all transactions accurately and balance each day’s operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attending to the depositing and withdrawal needs of clients.
- Recording all transactions accurately on official bank forms.
- Cash checks for customers after verifying identification and checking account balances in accordance with bank policy.
- Enters transactions into computer and issues customer receipts.
- Counts cash balance at beginning of shift and balances cash and checks against computer records at end 01 shift.
- Prepares certified checks, cashiers checks, savings bonds, and travellers’ checks as requested.
- Explains bank services and charges to customers.
- Observes suspicious behaviour and reports any such activity to head teller and/or security personnel as appropriate
- Substitutes as needed for customer service person during lunches and short breaks, and can perform simple functions such as assisting customers in opening accounts, accessing safe deposit boxes, and explaining ATM operations.
- Reporting ant suspicious Money Laundering Activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2 Level passes including Mathematics at O-Level.
- Diploma or degree in Commercial subjects.
- Part IOBZ is an added advantage.
- Customer service experience in a bank is required
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
ALL APPLICANTS TO CLEARLY STATE THEIR PROVINCES.