Safety, Health And Environmental Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the above post. The successful candidate will develop, maintain and implement effective staff Health and Welfare plans and programmes for the company.
Key accountabilities will include:
I. Liaise with National bodies on Safety, Health and Environmental activities in order to come up with plans and facilitate compliance with statutes.
2. Design HIV/AIDS plans and programs with a view to curbing the spread of the virus and rehabilitating the infected and affected through counselling.
3. Assist in the design of schemes for HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases by the provision of drugs and supplementary diet in order to reduce and avoid further impact of the disease and prolong life.
4. Conduct health and welfare audits to ensure compliance with policy.
5. Coordinate and facilitate training and awareness and occupational health and prevention of hazards
6. Monitor staff sick leave trends and recommend appropriate interventions
Minimum Job and Person Specifications
• An appropriate degree or equivalent professional qualification in the Occupational Health and Safety field
• 2 years experience
• Class 4 Driver’s license
Must have the following:
• Analytical skills Interpersonal skills.
• Report writing skills Organisational and management skills.
• Health management knowledge and skills
• Counselling skills
Applications meeting the above stated requirements should submit a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of proof of qualifications to:
The Human Resource and Administration Executive
P Bag 7719, Causeway,
email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 22nd October 2018