Procurement and Purchasing Officer
The major responsibilities
• Read, understand and apply the organizational and donor procurement procedures
• Provide procurement support in accordance with the organizational procurement
• Place purchase orders; selecting and negotiating with approved suppliers and evaluating
• Procure materials from suppliers at the lowest cost, with consideration to quality,
reliability and urgency of need
• Maintaining proper procurement records and files as needed
• Perform basic analytical tasks and industry research
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the In House Manager
Professional Knowledge and Experience
- A university degree or Diploma in Purchasing and Supply or any other related studies from a
- Knowledge and understanding of the development sector (mainly
agriculture and agribusiness) will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the
procurement field is a requirement.
- Excellent computer skills with command on Microsoft excel
and PowerPoint among other packages.