• Working with management in facilitating surveys, plans and development around our aggregate production operations to maintain the Mine Planning Tracking Sheet.
• Collaborates and conducts with others geographical exploration by reviewing maps and drilling logs to determine location, size accessibility and estimated volumes of deposits.
• Works with aggregate production to develop methods to extract material, evaluating factors such as safety, operational costs, deposit characteristics and overburden depth.
• Assists in laying out and directing mine construction operations, such as location and development of ramps and positioning of mining area, access roads etc.
• Assists in analyzing throughput costs, analyzing plant flow, and determining cycle time opportunities in the load/haul fleet.
• Assists in analyzing and determining labor requirements, equipment needs, and operational costs for annual budget preparation and reporting.
• Assists in determining long-range planning designs and data to determine proof of financial justification.
• Working with the team to ensure company compliance with mandated safety and environmental policies on all mining/material production practices.
• Assisting company management to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Ability to detect safety hazards and respond accordingly.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education/Experience Bachelors and/or Associate Degree in Mine Engineering; or two to three years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. General Requirements Must possess a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation to and from the job site.
• Must demonstrate the ability to use a computer to communicate effectively. This includes but is not limited to the use of Outlook, MS Office programs, construction software and web-based programs. • Ability to read and interpret documents such as plans, specifications, procedure and company manuals. • Ability to communicate and work with Mine Management and Operations personnel. • Strong knowledge of mine planning • Excellent analytical, management and problem solving skills
Applications from prospective candidates with comprehensive curriculum vitae and 3 traceable references to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 10 November 2019 by 12 pm.
Candidates meeting the above criteria can only apply!