GENERAL MANAGER – MERCHANT and PAYMENTS
Qualifications and Experience
• A Commercial degree in Business Studies, Marketing or any relevant field.
• A related post graduate or professional qualification is mandatory
• 8-10 years’ experience in a similar or related environment, 3 years at senior management level
• ICT systems training and experience
• Banking experience or payments experience key
Key Result Areas
• Negotiates strategic partnerships with high value merchants and corporate customers on products and services
• Determines and manages technology solution deployment to signed merchant and corporate partners
• Manages merchant solution support effort
• Provides overall oversight of the development of strategic roadmaps for Social Payments in the market
• Directs the development of business plans and supporting financial and technical models.
• Ensures the development of economics of various Social Payments commercial models and client offerings, for the various financial services ecosystem partner options and configurations
• Approves the market deployment of Social Payments platform, market-specific use-cases, strategic partnerships, as well as any new opportunities discovered
• Ensures the development of pricing strategies for various channels that maximize margin generation whilst fulfilling strategic objectives
• Negotiates contracts on BEAR with all commercial banks and corporate entities and manages relationship with all banks and corporates on BEAR.
• Own and manages strategic relationships with international payment partners
• Continuously develops strategic channels that make it convenient for customers to cash-in and keep money in the EcoCash ecosystem
• Strategically manage VISA, MasterCard, NFC, EcoCash Payment and Local Card Sales
• Formulates Financial Models /Business Plans for Merchant Services on new business