Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Field Officers x2: Welthungerhilfe
Background and Purpose
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest German non-governmental organisations in the area of development co-operation and emergency relief. Primarily in co-operation with local partner organisations, its task to contribute to improvement in the nutritional and income basis for the low-income populations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe almost continuously since 1980. Sector focus is on, WASH, Food and Nutrition security, Livelihoods and when necessary Emergency response.
Welthungerhilfe is inviting applicants to fill in the position of GESI Field Officer that has arisen within its EXTRA Project.
Purpose of the position
The GESI Field Officer shall be responsible for ensuring gender equality and social inclusion in all aspects of project implementation through hands on facilitation of Gender Action Learning Systems (GALS) at community level and ensuring application of GALS concepts to better accommodate women and youths in lucrative enterprises; The GESI Officer will coordinate and develop joint action plans with respective portfolio focal field offers to ensure GESI is imbedded in all EXTRA initiatives, targeted communities and households including collection of measurable indicator data to monitor gender equality and social inclusion in the project.
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
Job Responsibility #1-
- Project Implementation (70% of time)
- Identifies, in conjunction with the EXTRA field officers, households (beneficiaries) to participate in the project’s GESI initiatives; Train a pool of GALS champions and farmers on the Gender Action learning systems methodology;
- Builds the organizational capacity of GALS Champions to facilitate and cascade the GALS methodology;
- Ensure follow-up of GALS activities, mentoring and coaching the GALS champions, adapt application of the GALS concept to ensure attainment of anticipated outputs in the context and realities /constraints found in the field;
- Implement a continuous training scheme for GALS champions and monitor quality of cascaded training in order to ensure uptake of the concept, thereby ensuring the sustainability of the activities fostered by the project;
- Coordinates with other WHH field staff and other development partners in the implementation of activities within the Assigned District;
- Mobilize targeted households including youth to participate in the SMART subsidy initiative within the program;
- Provide technical support to project staff and Community Based Mobilisers through field visits, general meetings, discussions and mentoring.
Job Responsibility #2
- Monitor Project Implementation (25% of time)
- Carry out assessments and monitoring actions in collaboration with the Gender Equality and Markets Participation Coordinator and other WHH field staff and provide recommendations for the adaptation of project strategy according to findings and needs;
- Develop with beneficiaries/communities monitoring and evaluation plans, ensuring these feed into the Project M&E plan at an area and district level;
- Conduct regular meetings with beneficiaries and partners within the districts to track progress in achieving monthly, quarterly, annual and overall objectives and targets;
- Prepare regular implementation reports for presentation to WHH, FAO and other counterparts on the LFSP program;
- Work proactively with Monitoring and Evaluation team to make effective use of information generated through the project’s monitoring and evaluation system to guide on-going implementation of activities;
- Facilitate GALS Champions to collect data for effective monitoring, influencing management decisions and planning; Document and disseminate lessons learned with partners at District and community level and within WHH; Support the Gender Equality and Markets Participation Coordinator on the production of weekly, monthly and quarterly plans and reports on activities that feed into donor reports and ensure compliance with donor requirements on project progress and technical reporting.
Job Responsibility #3
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor. (5% of time)
- As assigned by the Gender Equality and Markets Participation Coordinator or the Head of Project
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in gender, equality and social inclusion (GESI) programme initiatives such as GESI training, facilitation, workplace policies, programme implementation and evaluation;
- Experience in implementing GESI in Agricultural programmes in an NGO Environment;
- Degree in Gender / Developmental Studies or Social sciences such as international development, behavioural sciences, anthropology;
- Good command of written and spoken English;
- Effective communications skills and ability to network and establish collaboration with different partners and agencies;
- Process facilitation, negotiation and influencing skills;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office;
- Clean Class 3 Driver’s license
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]