Finance and Administration Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Play an active role on the Management Team (CMT) which is responsible for ensuring the Zimbabwe programme delivers on its country strategy.
- Full participation in the development and review of the Country Strategic Plan, the country programme narrative and the country operational plan.
- Be part of the Zimbabwe country team in delivering on key organisational deliverables such as securing institutional funding, ensuring Sales force is used for partner, project and grant management, rolling out Safeguarding commitments etc.
- Leading on the use of Sales force as a grant management system for partner, project and donors from a finance perspective within the PCOZ office.
- Be part of the development. Deliver tailored finance trainings to PCOZ staff and partner organisations as and when required.
- Develop and maintain good professional relationship with colleagues, service providers and staff of other agencies. Act as one of the bank signatories to the PCOZ bank accounts.
- Reconcile all balance sheet items on a monthly basis, in accordance with Trócaire policies & procedures.
- Ensure sufficient funds are maintained in bank and cash accounts and initiate requests to Head Quarters for additional funds Administering core payroll services including processing monthly payroll and statutory and internal deductions, maintaining payroll records and issuing of monthly pay slips.
- Any other task, which may be assigned from time to time by the Director commensurate with the general thrust of this JD.
Qualifications, Experience, Attributes and Other Requirements:
- Relevant University degree in accounting, business administration, finance as a minimum in addition to professional accountancy qualifications e.g. CPA , ACCA or CIMA.
- Minimum five years profession experience in a finance role (including 3 years in managerial role).
- This should include at least one year’s experience in an overseas position in the NGO sector.
- Experience of managing the finances for large budgets including the reviewing and preparation of financial reports.
- Experience of working in a supervisory role or in a technical /advisory capacity.
- Analytical and policy implementation skills
- Sound knowledge of administration and HR systems An in-depth knowledge of financial systems and controls
- Ability to facilitate training and stimulate learning
- Strong computer literacy skills in word, excel, internet/email and accountancy packages
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative and operate as part of a team.
- Be flexible to changing requirements that the role may require.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level of reliability, confidentially and honesty Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- A commitment to social justice and the ethos of PCOZ
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should send their application letter together with CV with envelope clearly marked “Finance and Administration Manager” to Balm of Gilead World Ministries, 39A Lobengula Street and 2nd Avenue, Bulawayo. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted Deadline: 05 January 2019