World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. If you share the same vision, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Purpose of the Position:
- To record all financial transactions in the appropriate primary books of accounts ensuring accuracy and efficiency of data capturing process
- Reviewing completeness of coding and approval of all payment requests before capturing them into Sunsystems using the JE (Journal Entry) application in the Accounts Payable system
- Efficiently processing payments to adhere to the set minimal turnaround time for payments to suppliers & staff
- Assisting in final accounting data review process at month end, and thus performing Account Allocation to correct miscoded t-codes for projects and cost centres
- General Journal entries into Sun System and data upload for analysis in the system
- Assisting in the preparation of internal and external audits e.g. by providing required documentation.
- Attending to customer queries
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Receipting and accounting for cash
- Any other duties as assigned by Finance Officers, Management Accountant, Finance Manager and Finance Director.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or any relevant field
- 2 years’ experience working with finance related transactions.
- In-depth working knowledge of accounting software packages, especially Sun Systems, Vision etc
- Excellent computer literacy skills, especially in MS Excel.
- In-depth working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the WVI FFM.
- Knowledge of how to prepare, review, and present financial statements and financial reports.