International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps is anticipating an OFDA funded emergency response project to cover selected districts in Matabeleland South province. The project focus is on addressing emergency nutrition & WASH needs while building the resilience of vulnerable households.
International Medical Corps is therefore seeking qualified candidates for this project. The positions are contingent upon funding being received from the donor. The incumbents will be based in any of the targeted areas of operation and will be working closely with relevant ministries in Matabeleland South.
The incumbent is expected to ensure that day to day accounting and administration operations and financial management functions are performed in accordance with International Medical Corps policies, procedures and donor requirements.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for monthly cash and bank reconciliations
• Preparation, monitoring and analysis of monthly reports including input into the accounting software
• Reconciliation of various records, investigating unusual items and bringing these to the prompt attention of the supervisor
• To prepare and verify all payments and receipts including supporting documentation
• To maintain and monitor the national staff advances register
• Scanning of monthly financial documents
• Responding to audit queries
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting
• At least 2-3 years working experience in an NGO sector
• Good written and communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines and work under pressure
• Excellent computer skills
Qualified and interested candidates are required to submit a letter of motivation and curriculum vitae no later than the 15th July 2016. Please ensure that the job title is in the subject line of the email and submit your application to the following email address:
Proficiency in Ndebele is a requirement for the posts.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.