NetOne Cellular (Private) Limited seeks to recruit outstanding and results oriented individuals to fill the above posts in our organisation.
Reporting to Transmission Planning Manager
To plan, design, deploy and commission Transmission Network elements to meet customer demands for national, regional and international mobile transport solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans the IP Microwave and fiber network solutions, carries out field surveys for short, medium and long term base station requirements
- Carries out frequency planning, microwave designs and path profiles in accordance with ITU-R and ITU-T standards
- Co-ordinates with other engineers in Wireless, Network construction, Switching, IT, Optimisation and Operations in network improvement and development activities
- Carries out Provisional Acceptance Tests, Final Acceptance Tests, and handover network elements to Operations
- Carries out IP microwave links and fiber links upgrades as and when necessary
- Maintains and updates records, databases, system drawings, station files, route schematics, etc. so as to guarantee trace-able records for all activities
- Monitors and analyses transmission network performance statistics
- Compiles and analyses daily, weekly, and monthly traffic reports on network performance
- Implements works orders or Technical Service Applications for network elements reconfigurations and software upgrades
- Provides technical support to maintenance centres country wide.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of Internet Protocol (IP) microwave radio systems
- Knowledge of Optical fibre transport systems
- Knowledge of Huawei RTN900, Huawei OSN 3500, OSN7500, Huawei ATN 950C-G, and Huawei NCE NMS will be an added advantage
- Deep understanding of routing protocols
- At least three years post experience in Mobile cellular radio networks or microwave radios.
- Excellent critical thinking, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and long hours
- Proven ability to work independently and meet aggressive deadlines
- Requires a detailed understanding of the delivery of telecom services such as digital microwave radio systems, fibre optic, and routers.