The incumbent will report to the ICT Infrastructure Manager and will be responsible for the following, among other duties:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine, design and deploy the most appropriate WAN and LAN solutions for the organization.
- Administer the organisation’s ICT infrastructure that includes Ethernet/Fibre based LANs, fibre/radio based WAN links, servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- Develop and update networks related business continuity and disaster recovery initiatives.
- Lead in the adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs) for administering active networking equipment, Internet servers (e-mail, DNS, etc.) on Windows and Linux platforms.
- Implement the organization’s network engineering aligned strategies to enhance user productivity through the use of ICT driven business tools.
- Together with security engineer, administer network security and networks’ related disaster recovery systems,
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Design, implement, & maintain VOIP phone system to include phone servers, and phones.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Maintaining firewalls, virtual private networks, web portal security, and e-mail security.
- Perform first level investigation of intrusion and hacking incidents, collecting incident responses, and carrying out forensic investigations.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting network related end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, telecommunications systems or equivalent.
- Demonstrable interest and hands-on relevant experience covering; configuration, deployment and maintenance of Cisco WAN and LAN equipment; working with internetworking devices and servers e.g. setting up and administering networking related configurations on routers, switches, firewalls, Windows Active Directory, Internet servers such as DNS, mail server; Network security.
- Proficiency in Windows and Linux operating systems
- Working knowledge of both mobile & fixed telephone networks, VoIP compliant PABXs etc.
- Certification in CISCO, Microsoft or Linux is an added advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure and to work at odd hours.