The Project Managers will play the leading role in planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing projects. S/he will be accountable for the entire project scope, project team and resources.
Duties And Responsibilities
Reporting to, and with input from the Head of Communications, the Project Manager’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:-
– Contributing to the development of preliminary strategy and activity design for new projects.
– Formulating a plan to meet the objectives of projects.
– Devising project budgets for approval.
– Adhering to the approved project budgets and timelines.
– Developing viable concepts, Expressions of Interest and project proposals to target donors.
– Actively assisting in assessing new project opportunities.
– Ensuring that all relevant actions are approved and signed off on.
– Developing the M&E requirements of programs, including writing progress reports, undertaking field missions and data collection.
– Developing and implementing M&E plans and frameworks.
– Contributing to the assembling of the Project Team.
– Leading the Project Team.
– Assigning tasks and setting deadlines.
– Conducting regular meetings with team members.
– Supervising the successful execution of each stage of the project.
– Project time management.
– Effective communication with team members and other stakeholders.
– Risk management and contingency planning.
– Producing accurate and timely project status reports throughout projects’
(a) Level of Education/Academic Qualification
Minimum of a Bachelor’s in Developmental Studies, Project Management or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
(b) Relevant Work Experience
Minimum of 5 years experience in the field of project management.
(c) Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
Exceptional writing, analytical, research and communication skills.
Experience in monitoring and evaluation of programmes.
Experience in building teams and local networks.
Ability to manage and work remotely with team members located in various parts of the country.
Good intercultural skills.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit the following application materials: CV, cover letter and 3 traceable professional references to [email protected] by the 1st of November 2020.