Pol/Econ Office Management Assistant – United States Embassy in Zimbabwe
- As first point of contact in the section, screens incoming requests for information and assistance and routes request to appropriate officer(s). Provides excellent customer service to respond to requests from inside and outside the mission. (15%)
- Manages the P/E chief’s schedule and provides other administrative support to the P/E chief, including filing travel and representation vouchers, submitting travel locator forms and diplomatic notes, preparing travel orders and travel logistics, etc. (15%)
- Drafts routine correspondence, memos, diplomatic notes, and cables. Prepares talking points and non-papers for presentation to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or other host government officials. (15%)
- Manages the P/E tasker tracker, monitoring timely submission of taskings to the political and economic section. (15%)
- Serves as primary timekeeper & maintains time and attendance records. Maintains P/E calendar of events. Manages P/E meeting room requirements. (10%)
- Manages and maintains contacts in a mission-wide database. Prepares and ensures prompt distribution of invitations to representational events hosted by P/E section staff. Tracks and confirms, as needed, responses to invitations. (10%)
- Supports logistics requirements for official visitors assigned to the Pol/Econ section, including arranging airport pickup and drop off, lodging, computer access, and scheduling meetings as needed. Approves e-country clearance requests on behalf of the section. Submits access requests for visitors to the section (including official contacts and TDY personnel) in a timely manner. (10%)
- Leads on procurement, voucher submissions, and expenditure tracking for section travel and representation budgets. Maintains stock and inventory of expendable office supplies, and proactively submits necessary procurement requests. Ensures non-expendable equipment (computers, phones, copiers, scanners) is properly maintained, repaired, and/or replaced as necessary. (5%)
- Serves as coordinator for annual review processes in e-performance. Ensures deadlines for submission at all stages of the process are met and that all counselling sessions are scheduled and appropriately documented. (5%)
- Backstops the Ambassador’s OMS and DCM’s OMS as required.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Two years experience in a professional office environment is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Good working knowledge of the applicable FAM & FAH. Familiarity with U.S. government travel and budget regulations, filing systems, and voucher processes. General knowledge of host political/economic environment & cultural awareness.
- Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level III (good working knowledge) of speaking and reading English is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Excellent customer service skills and effective English-language writing skills essential in order to draft, edit, and proofread correspondence and documents. Ability to work as part of a team and good oral communication skills are required. Strong keyboarding skills and ability to use Microsoft Office Software Suite with confidence, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint is required.