The Organisation is an emerging independent think-tank and research institute with a professional, long term and high impact focus working across sectors. The Organisation is driven by a culture of critical thinking, innovation, passion, excellence, results-driven and goal getting. The position has an opportunity for long term engagement and promotion depending on performance and ability to deliver strong results with minimum supervision.
Ensure prudent financial accounting and management of the Institute’s financial resources; internal controls implementation; Tracking expenditures and income; prepare periodic financial update reports in conformity with specific reporting requirements; Prepare budgets and costings; Balance Sheet management, Control cash transactions; Prepare monthly cash flow statement; Process financial transactions in the accounting information system ( Pastel) and ensure that all data processed is properly allocated and valid; Direct invoicing and costing of services and projects; Processing payroll (Belina), Process statutory return such as tax (ZIMRA) and National Social Security (NSSA); Produce management accounts and reports to partners; Ensure implementation of the Financial Control Policy document and other policies; Review and propose improvement in internal control systems; Prepare and monitor service providers’ contracts; Assist the planning and preparation of meetings and other Organizational activities by preparing and printing agendas, minutes, and other documents; Provide administrative and logistics support when required; Support general office administration and upkeep; Coordinate and manage procurement and inventories; Assist in events managements – workshops and conferencing when required; Engaging with cooperating partners and stakeholders on financial matters, Follow up deliverables and deadlines with various sections of the organization; Assist in producing consolidated narrative and financial monthly and annual report; work closely with Human Resources & Admin Officer, and any other duties assigned by Chief Executive.
Qualifications and Required Person:
• A University degree in Accounting and Finance or a related field; and or/ plus qualification such as CIMA or ACCA (or in progress to attain), with demonstrable leadership skills will be an added advantage.
• Analytical and ability to pay attention to details.
• Strong ethics & professionalism.
• Knowledge of Pastel, Belina and other financial management software.
• An excellent understanding of the Administration and Human Resources functions and practices.
• Experience with international NGOs working in the field of development cooperation programmes or consultancy.
• Familiarity with the Zimbabwe tax regulations, financial reporting, Labour Laws and NGO regulatory frameworks.
• Excellent relationship management and communication skills with the ability to develop and work in a dynamic and competitive team environment.
• A confident and positive attitude with excellent cultural awareness and sensitivity;
• Competence in the use of Microsoft Office such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
The Institution is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified men, women and members of ethnic minorities or disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply. Applications accompanied with CV and Certificates should be send to: [email protected], marked “Finance Officer”, addressed to “Chief Executive”.
Applications will not be accepted after the closing date