Do you see yourself as a Finance Manager? What’s your passion? Whether you’re into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), we’re interested in YOU. At IHG, we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we’re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. InterContinental Hotels Group is looking for a designated accountant to join its growing Hotels & Resorts division as Finance Manager. This newly created position will have direct oversight of all finance activities in the InterContinental Hotels corporate office while providing additional support to the overall Hotels & Resorts finance group.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical finance background, experience in managing a large team with varied experience, a willingness to travel for work, and a passion for the travel industry. This position will report to the Director, Finance (Hotels & Resorts) and will be located in InterContinental Hotels Corporate office. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we’re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. Our role is to put the glamour into international travel. That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the InterContinental Hotels brand, you’re more than just a job title. At InterContinental Hotels Group, we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations.
Because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow. And because the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 4800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world. So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Interested applicants should forward their recent CV and cover letter through InterContinental’s career email or apply button displayed above.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze revenue forecasts daily to provide guidance on challenges with various departments
- Investigate contracting issues with commercial departments, E-commerce, and IT
- Document relevant operating procedures and incorporate continuous improvement plans
- Monitor daily/weekly/monthly deliverables from various jurisdictions
- Present findings in cross functional revenue meetings and act as owner of finance action plans
- Assist with month end reporting for collection companies
- Review monthly balance sheets reconciliations to identify and implement corrective action plans
- Review AR aging reports with various collection companies and corporate staff
- Assist in accounting for issues in rates and offers with tour operators
- Review intercompany reconciliations
- Manage a team off site
- Perform ad hoc analysis and reporting as requirement by Management
- Other duties as assigned
- IHG’s Corporate Fringe Benefits includes:
- Corporate accommodations are provided to enable individuals perform the essential functions.
- Full accompanying family flight return tickets to/from corporate operation location.
- Regular promotion opportunities with short-term and long-term disability covers
- 4 years initial contract with option of further extension.
- Lucrative Job/career advancement opportunities and apprenticeships.
- Regular and competitive graduate remuneration package.
- Discounted associate rates at IHG’s multinational associates.
- Dental and life insurance coverage requirement
- 401(k) retirement & compensation plan
- On-site recreation and workout facilities.
- 30days paid annual leave and paid time off
- Related furniture/car/transport, etc allowance as required,
- An equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining a multinational culture.
- University/college degree in accounting/finance required
- Professional finance designation required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting/audit
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills & MS Excel to build pivot tables, formulas and queries
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to understand IT process flows in a fast-paced environment with various infrastructures
- Team player and have ability to work independently
- Good communication skills both in oral and written form
- Demonstrate sound work ethics complimented with flexible work attitude
- Experience with large and small ERP environments; SAP and New Hotel experience is an asset
- Hospitality experience an asset
How To Apply
Interested Candidates should please submit their resume or recent CV to this email address below:
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates are contacted for the interview