Finance And Administration Manager
To assist the Senior Management with all the Finance functions across the business and any other ad hoc projects that involve Finance
Duties and Responsibilities
Verify and reconcile accounts payable and receivable with age analysis. Communicate, investigate and problem solve customer queries regarding any outstanding payments due to and from them.
• Implement procedures for the collection of outstanding balances and processing of payments.
• Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results to Senior Management.
• Analyze financial information and summarize financial status with recommendations and advisory notes to the Senior Management.
• Prepare monthly management accounts for the company.
• Identify performance issues and variances and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems, processes and procedures.
• Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
• Participate in strategic financial standards setting and in the forecast process.
• Provide input into each department’s goal-setting process.
• Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
• Prepare all regulatory tax returns on time.
• Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
• Plan, assign and review staff’s work in the department
• Ensure month-end and year-end close processes are performed successfully in a timely manner.
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
• Ensure compliance with accounting principles and standards and all regulatory guidelines.
• Liaise with the Senior Management to improve and implement robust financial procedures and adherence to the same by all functions in the company.
• Maintain asset register band put in place processes and procedures for movement of Assets
• Take an interest in activities being undertaken by the company and keep abreast of developments as much as possible.
• Attend staff meetings as and when required.
• Provide support to the Senior Management and other staff as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
• Accounting Degree
• Professional qualification and/ Masters Degree will be an added advantage
• 5 Years of Experience
• Ability to work with limited supervision
Proven experience in an accounting environment.
• Experience and knowledge of accounting procedures and preparation of financial and management accounts and budgeting/forecasting.
• Experience and knowledge of accounting systems and general ledger functions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• IT literate, numerate and proficient with Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel skills
• The intellectual agility to move easily between the strategic and specific issues and understanding business trends.
Send Email to email@example.com