Temporary Field Assistant
Seed Importation and Exportation Activities
i. Preparation of all documents required for import and export of seeds
ii Preparation of seed shipments for export
iii Record keeping of all documents related to import and export of seeds
iv. Coordinate all seasonal field inspections by Seed Services and Plant Protection departments of DR&SS \
v. Supervise nursery and trial management.
vi. Assist research associate to plan and coordinate use of labour and farm equipment.
vii Ensure seed storage warehouse are properly maintained.
viii. Maintain seed records
ix Ensure fumigation and seed treatment.
x. Supervise casual labour and casual labour contracts and related records.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualification, skills and attitudes:
• Diploma/Certificate in Agriculture or degree with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience. Knowledge in maize breeding or related field.
• Experienced in agricultural trialing and nursery establishment and management
• Demonstrated ability to accurately and clearly record and manage data.
• Clean Class 4 Drivers License.
• Ability to write and communicate in English.
• Computer literate especially in MS Office
How to apply
Submit your applications to the following email address [email protected]
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. Cover Letter should refer explicitly to the essential qualificaticns skills, and competencies stated above providing clear and concrete examples of where, when, and how the expenence was gained. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The closing date for receipt of applications s 11 November 2018.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply