The purpose of this job is to perform operations and maintenance of field network elements (BSS & Transmission) in order to maintain network uptime and service assurance within set key performance indicators.
Stations: (Gweru, Bulawayo & Harare x 2)
Duties And Responsibilities
- Avails self for standby duties as per duty roaster.
- Attends and resolves Customer Complaint faults received from NOC according to the Policies & Procedures (PnP).
- Gives feedback on fault resolution to NOC, while escalating challenges to Team leader according to PnP.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Providing second level troubleshooting and support to resolve network issues.
- Implements upgrades, downgrades and/or decommissioning of network elements – LTE, 2G,3G, Wifi, Wifi on the bus, Base Stations, BSC, RNC and Transmission equipment as requested according to issued IWO.
- Give feedback to Technical Support and NOC on identified abnormal network conditions.
- Documents network nodes by labeling routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams, scripts and specifications.
Qualification And Experience
- 6 ‘O’ Levels including English and Mathematics
- Diploma in Telecommunications, or Electrical, Civil, or Air-conditioning Engineering, plus City & Guilds.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a related field or equivalent