The incumbent will report to the Cyber Security Manager and will be responsible for the following, among other duties:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement a robust security infrastructure and framework to deal with current and emerging cyber, network or information systems threats
- Implement security measures for the organization’s networks and information systems
- Develop effective yet simple policies to assist system users in adhering to systems security protocols
- Lead in development and implementation of security and networks related business continuity and disaster recovery strategies.
- Manage the organization’s applications that relate to networks and security e.g. VMWARE platform, DHCP server, Active Directory, Internet servers, network management utility applications etc.
- Develop an emergency response framework to be used in dealing with systems security emergencies
- Develop section risk matrix & implement measures to diminish identified risks
- Periodically perform security assessments/tests to determine vulnerabilities within the company’s network and fix these vulnerabilities
- Ensure the systems security related issues in the ICT policy and standard operating procedures are adhered to by both network administrators and end users
- Research on trends & new systems security solutions to embracing these
- Design a security audit framework and periodically conduct security audits to determine the effectiveness of security measures in place.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Demonstrable passion and interest in network engineering and systems security.
- Cisco Network engineering/Microsoft/Linux Certification or current studies for such certification is an added advantage
- Ability to multi-task and to work under
- Good documentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow technology tends and new best practices in cyber and systems security.