Ensuring customer service levels are on target through ensuring reliable product and material supply whilst minimizing the risk of obsolete stock. Creating feasible supply plans driven through interpreting differentiated planning strategies, satisfying customer requirements, optimising stock and asset utilisation.
What you’ll be doing:
- We’re looking for a suitable candidate who will execute production planning, material planning & sourcing and oversee in-bound activities related to the same. The candidate will ensure translation of the business demand to material requirement and ensure materials will be available for the period the demand and business targets are required. The candidate will create and maintain inventory reports and execute mitigation solutions for any potential supply gaps. Part of the requirements involve ensuring the business has a steady flow of stock whilst maintaining the required stock levels on materials, within our company’s quality and safety standards, and in line with the business targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execution of supply planning activities and projects (incl. innovation, portfolio, SLOBS management) on full product range with accountability for the customer service, stock availability and optimal stock levels.
- Manage the stock/inventory planning for Zim portfolio
- Design and execute best practices/processes to balance service, inventory, and waste
- Support in achieving safety, efficiency, loss management, quality, and continuous improvement.
- Maintain production schedules for manufacturing facility, and execute the subsequent MRP cycles, managing materials in support of the schedules.
- Understand warehouse capacity planning
- Collaborate with the required cross functional teams
- Manage master data of own portfolio from initiation till discontinuation with highest accuracy
- Support of forecast/inventory targets and communication of weekly production schedules to manufacturers and other stakeholders on a timely basis.
- Communicate with manufacturers and raw/packaging suppliers on material requirements, processing returns of non-conforming materials when required.
- Must understand the end-to-end process of the business operations to better support the Business goals and targets.
- Follow up production plan with sourcing units
Qualifications and Experience
Skills we’re looking for:
- Solid understanding of inventory management.
- The ability to thrive under pressure and meet deadlines and objectives, with a results-oriented and self-starter mentality
- Strong team leadership & collaboration
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Strong service mindset
- Strong Bias for Action
- Analytical thinking
- Flexible, proactive, and not afraid to step up and share knowledge
- Customer/ Consumer Awareness – Ensures that direction is market driven
- Strong Accountability & Responsibility
- The ability to act decisively to improve performance
- Preferred experience or professional skills:
- University Degree/Diploma in Supply Chain or other related fields
- +2 years of experience in FMCG environment
- Planning and functional business process knowledge
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point