Karo Platinum Private limited is establishing a large scale vertically integrated Platinum Group Metals (PGMs) mining and value addition complex, located in the Great Dyke in Zimbabwe. The project is based on proven technologies and industry best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting aerial surveys, process photos, create surfaces, calculate volumes
- Drilling pattern designs and enforcing compliance
- Responsible for all surface, construction, project, and open pit survey activities.
- Maintenance of all surface plans in accordance with the Mining (Management and Safety) Regulations S.I. 109 of 1990
- Surveying all exploration boreholes, rehabilitation work, surface accidents and the representation of it on plans.
- Maintaining survey and claim beacons in accordance with industry best practices and applicable statutory instruments.
- Adhering to all mine standards and legal requirements.
- Adhering to permissions regarding rights, leases, servitudes, etc.
- Updating of the water volumes in the pit
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Honors Degree in Survey or related
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Proficient User of Trimble M3 Laser Station, Topcon, Nikon, Theodolite and Sokkia Total Stations (EDM), Laser Levels, Pipe Lasers, Dumpy Levels, Handheld and Antenna-Based Global Positioning Systems with Trimble Engineering and Construction branded.
- Proficient user of Model maker, Road maker systems and Multicurve software.
- AutoCAD and Autodesk Navisworks Freedom
- Systems experience in CAD /MODELMAKER/DESWIK/METASHAPE/DATAMINE required
- Remote pilot license (RPAS) required
- Class 4 Driver’s License