The Consumer Protection Commission was established under the Consumer Protection Act Chapter 14:44 (No. 5 of 2019) which became Law on 10 December 2019. This Act repealed the Consumer Contract Act Chapter 8:03 and is administered by the Minister for Industry and Commerce. The Consumer Protection commission’s core function is to “protect consumers horn unconscionable, unreasonable, unjust or otherwise improper trade practices, as well as deceptive, misleading, unfair or fraudulent conduct.”
The Consumer Protection Commission (CPC) is now inviting suitably qualified and experienced individuals to apply for the above-mentioned position that has risen in the Commission.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Communicate with vendors, including procurement, maintenance and payment of products and services.
- Daily maintenance of PCs and laptops, including operating system installation and software configuration.
- Daily inspection and maintenance of server room.
- System configuration, user authority management, and corresponding review work.
- Assist to revise IT SOPs, IT Guide and IT Policy.
- Monitoring and tracking of incidents.
- Log, track and escalate related IT issues to the correct entity.
- Responsible and take ownership till closure.
- Any work assigned from time to time by supervisor or the Management.
- Server administration
- Knowledge of Cyber Security Guidelines.
Qualifications And Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years working experience in technology related field
- Able to work independently
- Team player, quick learner
- Good interpersonal relationship skills
- Familiar with commonly used operating software such as Microsoft
- Proficiency in training non-IT staff
- Ability to maintain the Commission’s website.