Duties And Responsibilities
- Assume the ultimate responsibility of the overall management and operation of the T.E.C. in accordance with the Ministry policies, strategies and regulations as guided by the Manpower Development Act as amended.
- Oversee the Tertiary Education Service and promote gender equality and equity at places of work and learning:
- Ensure that Tertiary Education Service workers abide by T.E.C.’s code of ethics / conduct and safeguard their general welfare and wellbeing.
- Motivate institutions to develop income-generating projects.
- Fostering good public relations, promoting high morale and identifying problems as early as possible.
- Determine standards and take appropriate steps to measure and maintain performance and professional growth of subordinates at the Tertiary Education Service.
- Manage the human, financial and material resources of the Tertiary Education Service.
- Implementing decisions of T.E.C.
- Provide technical advice to T.E.C.
- Formulate administrative rules, guidelines and procedures to facilitate the achievement of the targets set by the Council.
Qualifications And Experience
- A Master of Education Degree in Administration and Management or equivalent.
- A PhD in Administration is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years as a Senior Administrator.
- Thorough understanding of current national development policies, programs and priorities.
- Thorough understanding of Government procedures and regulations on Higher and Tertiary Education.
- Thorough understanding of the functions of the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Innovation, Science and Technology Development.
- Strong organisational, communication, public relations and interpersonal skills.
- Have a good understanding of the philosophy of Education 5.0.
- Have no act or record of misconduct in the past 10 years.
- Strong organisational and management skills.
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Adaptability to dynamic environment.
- Strategic thinker.
- Team-building skills.
- Transparent, accountable, ethical and dependable.
- Great leadership and decision making skills.
- Results oriented.