Looking for a qualified candidate to fill the above-mentioned post & will be reporting to the Research Scientist
Duties And Responsibilities
- Plans and prepares monthly, weekly, and daily work plans and assigns work to Field Assistants and diploma students on attachment.
- Checks accuracy and timely completion of research work
- Orders and purchases materials and spares in advance; maintains stock and asset registers and controls stocks and assets. Prepares, and tests field research equipment, standard solutions and/or reagents
- Commissions, maintains, and relevant repair of field research instruments, equipment and structures
- Supervises, trains, motivates, and controls Field Assistants as well as other research support staff and ensures adherence to standard operating procedures, quality control procedures, and compliance with ZSAES Safety, Health, and Environment procedures
- Supervises and coordinates collection of data from experiments, checks, and compiles field research data; ensures its electronic capture and storage as well as its delivery to respective research officers
- Coordinates field research requirements and operations including land preparation, planting, sampling, harvesting, weeding, application of fertilizers “On” and “Off’ Station to ensure timeliness of all operations
- Assists with preparation of budget, ordering of field research agrochemicals and equipment
- Co-ordinates laboratory and greenhouse research projects, including testing of field research procedures
- Analyses routine and non-routine field trials data and writing appropriate reports
- Participates in recruiting Field Assistants and research support staff, schedules time-offs, leave, as well as ensuring discipline at the work place
- Takes initiative, makes suggestions, and consults with superiors on remedial measures Ensures compliance with ZSAES SHE procedures
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Agriculture or Crop Science or Soil Science.
- At least 2 years working at a research institution
- A clean Class 4 Driver’s License with at least three years of driving experience.