Procurement Officers x2
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, experienced, self-motivated and task oriented individual to fill the above position that has arisen within the Town Clerk’s Department.
THE PERSON SPECIFICATION
- 5 0′ Levels including English Language and Mathematics or Principles of Accounts.
- Degree in Purchasing and Supply or its equivalent
- Two years postgraduate
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Certificate will be an added advantage
- Experience in Negotiation, relationship management, analytical, professionalism and results oriented skills.
- Knowledge in Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets (PPDPA)Acts (Chapter 22:23)and S.I.of 2018.
- Receive authorized purchase requisitions and log them into the Procurement document movement control sheet.
- Identify and recommend potentiaI suppliers to the Procurement Manage
- Draft Bidding Documents o r Request for Proposals
- Draft Procurement Notices for Government Gazzette and local newspaper
- Send Request for Quotations (RFQ) to approved suppliers, publish) the Notice Boa rd
- Open Quotations /Tender box at the expiry of advertised period
- Compile comparative schedules
- Sits in the Evaluation Committee as an Advisor
- Negotiate with suppliers for favourable payment terms and delivery periods
- Generate purchase orders based on lowest bidder to specifications.
- Draft supply contracts.
- Send purchase orders and or supply contracts for authorization.
- Ensure that all duly signed purchase orders are sent to the suppliers on time.
- Expedite all deliveries
- Attach Purchase order stores copy to suppler invoice and Goods Received Voucher (GRV)and submit to Creditors section for payment.
- Compile procurement reports; (Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly)and submit to Procurement Manager
- Adhere to and ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedure and PPDPA Act and Regulations.
- Perform any other work related duties as assign ed by the Superior.
Applicants should submit six (6) certified copies of academic and professional certificates and their CVs to the office of the Town Clerk no later than the 14th of May 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will automatically disqualify candidates
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
City of Mutare,
PO Box 910