The Consumer Protection Commission was established under the Consumer Protection Act Chapter 14:44 (No. 5 of 2019) which became Law on 10 December 2019. This Act repealed the Consumer Contract Act Chapter 8:03 and is administered by the Minister for Industry and Commerce. The Consumer Protection commission’s core function is to “protect consumers horn unconscionable, unreasonable, unjust or otherwise improper trade practices, as well as deceptive, misleading, unfair or fraudulent conduct.”
The Consumer Protection Commission (CPC) is now inviting suitably qualified and experienced individuals to apply for the above-mentioned position that has risen in the Commission.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage the CEO’s diary, contacts, time management and prioritization of meetings, being aware of committee/meetings cycle, potential conflicts and other work, diary pressures and deadlines.
- Provide and maintain confidential, comprehensive and effective support and assistance to the CEO.
- Facilitate meetings and/or events as required.
- Maintains open communication and work relationships with other employees as required to clarify the CEO’s requirements and ensure smooth progress and achievement of deadlines.
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Administrative Support Experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, grammar and writing skills.
- Be mature, well-spoken and looking to commit to a role for the long term.
- Must have excellent communication skills