Zimbabwe Power Company (ZPC) a subsidiary of ZESA Holdings, is the leading generator of electrical energy in Zimbabwe and supplies the bulk of the nation’s electrical power requirements from its five power stations. The Company is inviting suitably qualified, motivated and experienced staff to fill the above-mentioned vacancy that has arisen in Zimbabwe Power Company.
This is a senior position reporting to the General Manager at Kariba South Power Station. The position exists broadly to ensure efficient electricity generation, plant optimisation and optimal consumption of inputs as well as monitoring generation targets such as plant load factor, specific water consumption and general output.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensures effective plant performance monitoring to minimize forced outages and trips by analysing performance reports.
- Coordinates outage planning and implementation to ensure good dispatch performance and customer satisfaction.
- Conducts and reviews the Station authorization system and safety management periodically.
- Prepares and updates the disaster plan, evacuation procedures and operating emergency procedures.
- Develops and updates the departmental business plan for incorporating into the Station business plan.
- Monitors adherence to the provisions of the Water Purchase Agreement.
- Compiles the Capital and Revenue Expenditure Budget for the department.
- Analyses variance reports trends and takes corrective measures.
- Develops emergency operating procedures and systems to deal with abnormal situations and management of risks in the plant.
- Responsible for discipline and performance management for the Operations Department.
- Executes all activities in line with the Integrated Management System requirements (ISO 9001: 2015, ISO 45001:2018, ISO 14001:2015).
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 O levels including Mathematics and English.
- A Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
- A Post Graduate qualification such as an MBL/ MBA or equivalent.
- Full Membership of a recognized professional Institution.
- 8 years relevant experience of which 5 years should be at senior level