The job exists to effectively dimension and configure the capacity requirements of the Network system in order to achieve a cost effective and optimal network design. In addition, the job is responsible for the performance and quality of the access network.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide input into the Company’s technical strategic business plan.
- To ensure a seamless network systems design that support business requirements.
- Supports project implementation plans for integrating new network elements
- Ensures proper and accurate forecasting of requirements for systems dimension equipment.
- Ensures execution of network quality measurements.
- Analysis of traffic distribution patterns in the network.
- Recommends tools and applications which can be seamlessly integrated with current product portfolio.
- To help drive the development of a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for employee mentoring and coaching as well as motivation.
- Delegates work, sets performance targets and conducts performance appraisals for all staff under own control.
- Manages staff discipline, resolves grievances and resolves disputes/conflicts in an objective, ethical and professional manner through administering the Code of Conduct and Grievance Procedure.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Technical Director.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/Electronic Engineering or recognized equivalent technical degree.
- A relevant postgraduate degree such as M.Sc/MBA/MBL or equivalent.
- Valid membership of a recognized professional institution e.g Engineering Council of Zimbabwe.
- Knowledge of current telecommunications technologies
- 8 years relevant experience of which 5 years should be at senior level.
- Strong Leadership skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good planning and organising skills