The Consumer Protection Commission was established under the Consumer Protection Act Chapter 14:44 (No. 5 of 2019) which became Law on 10 December 2019. This Act repealed the Consumer Contract Act Chapter 8:03 and is administered by the Minister for Industry and Commerce. The Consumer Protection commission’s core function is to “protect consumers horn unconscionable, unreasonable, unjust or otherwise improper trade practices, as well as deceptive, misleading, unfair or fraudulent conduct.”
The Consumer Protection Commission (CPC) is now inviting suitably qualified and experienced individuals to apply for the above-mentioned position that has risen in the Commission.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of the Commission’s strategic planning process, including indicator selection. and definition, target setting for all indicators, planning of all necessary data collection and analysis.
- Oversee and directly contribute to the development and implementation of M&E tools and systems of the Commission’s plans
- Develop and support the design and implementation of program evaluations, surveys and other components of the program M&E system, develop and deploy strategies that drive widespread awareness and protection of consumer rights in Zimbabwe.
- Develop high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results
- Design appropriate feedback mechanisms to assess whether approaches implemented by the programmes are effective.
- Provide training to staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners in data collection and analysis
- Contribute to adaptive approach throughout the entire project; design program learning plan, ensure that findings from all monitoring, assessment and survey activities are fed back into the Commission, Ministry of Industry and Commerce and all other stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with other sector regulators and advocacy groups
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and to budget.
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in Project Management, Economics, Data Analytics, or related fields.
- Master’s degree in Project Management, Project Monitoring and Evaluation, Strategic Management, Economics, Data Science, Analytics or related field an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of experience related to monitoring, evaluation and reporting on programs related to social protection.
- Experience in design and implementation of M&E of government funded programmes.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical counterparts and leaders.
- Experience in developing budgets and strategic plans using programme based approach
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
- Demonstrated statistical analysis skills and use of relevant software (SAS, SPSS, Epi Info, Atlas, etc.)
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Excellent skills in working in teams.