The role implement training programmes that supports the Business’s strategic objectives by enhancing learning and professional development across the Business. The role is responsible for managing learning and development throughout the training cycle from needs identification, development of appropriate interventions, delivery of the training and evaluation.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Draws up an annual Learning & Development Plan, detailing the programme/course, budget estimates, delivery channels, programme/Course duration, target employee segments and evaluation criteria emanating from the Talent Development Strategy.
- Designs learning needs identification tools for example Questionnaires.
- Draws up a learning and development calendar for the period based on outcomes of the needs analysis.
- Designs fit for purpose interventions to address the identified needs in line with the approved learning models.
- Continually reviews learning material to ensure alignment with business needs and current industry trends.
- Leads the Identification of Internal and external consultants/trainers to be used in the implementation of planned learning and development programmes.
- Develops and maintains relations with various associations, external consultants, training institutions including Universities in terms of various MOUs
- Identifies suitable delivery channels for various learning and development programmes e.g. Instructor led Training (on site or online), online learner self-training and hybrid delivery.
- Conducts and/or facilitates learning and development programmes in accordance to identified needs and required delivery platforms.
- Design & Implementation of extended Development Programmes.
- Maintains up to date and accurate learning and development data in the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Researches and recommends appropriate improvements to the LMS.
- Develops and monitors learning evaluation tools suitable for each training programme covering the pre and post course periods.
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.