Applications from suitably qualified members are invited to fill the above-mentioned post at University of Zimbabwe (UZ)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the custodian of Library keys.
- Unlock Library doors at the start of the business day.
- Switch off lights, check water taps, close windows and lock all doors at the end of each business day.
- Maintain cleaning inventory.
- Perform minor repairs on furniture, equipment and tools.
- Notify the Chief Technician of faults and unsafe conditions.
- Maintain Library surroundings and courtyards.
- Supervise Cleaners.
- Performing other job related duties, as maybe assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 5 ‘O’ level passes at grade C or better including English Language.
- Should have at least three (3) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Must be punctual and hardworking.
- He/She must be able to work after hours and during weekends.
- Should display a high level of sincerity, integrity and honesty.
- Must be able to work under pressure and minimum supervision.