IT officer monitors and maintains the computer systems and networks of the organisation. He/she will be responsible for installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications problems, over the phone, online or in person.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and providing training to ensure that users get maximum benefits from technology.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems, databases and the network.
- Setup IT security system.
- Assist staff through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- Administer and Support the roll-out of new applications.
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues.
- Provide procedural documentation.
- Provide IT status report and recommendations.
- Establish a good working relationship other professionals, such as software developers.
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
Qualifications And Experience
- At least a bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field
- At least three years of managing secure LAN networks