Reports To: Senior Operations Manager
Country/Location: Zimbabwe / Harare
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners, people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
CRS has been supporting program activities in Zimbabwe since 1989 and has long-standing relationships with Church and non-Church partners and communities throughout the country. Zimbabwe program implements projects through 14 partner organizations in 30 districts in the areas of health, OVC, education, food security and agricultural livelihoods, and peacebuilding.
You will help coordinate and support the execution of the Country Program (CP) HR strategy and operational plans in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will provide responsive, high quality service to address HR programs, services and operations needs in all or some of the areas of recruitment, staff development, performance management, employee relations, compensation and benefits, onboarding/orientation, policies, staff care, and employee administration.
General Human Resources
- Provide support to the Senior Operations Manager in his/her responsibilities about the overall management of HR programs and services in the country program. These include recruitment, onboarding, staff development, performance management, leave management, employee termination amongst others.
- Help coordinate and support HR processes, activities, and service delivery, to ensure they meet latest agency, donor, and local legal requirements and standards and reflect best practices.
- Assess service needs and provide quality process services and advice to support managers in their daily staff management responsibilities.
- Collect and organize input on HR processes and policies and participate in the review and update of various systems, manuals, guidelines, and tools.
- Support professional development needs assessment and help ensure the provision of precise development programs for CRS staff and partners
- Maintain record keeping through personnel files and/or HRIS that adheres to required CRS, donor, and local law regulations. As needed provide support on analytical reports on HR-related data, metrics and trends to support decision-making, workforce planning and development.
Payroll and reporting
- Process payroll monthly and ensure timely payment of salaries.
- Initiate payroll related expenses and ensure timely submission of returns to the statutory bodies.
- Collect and process Timecards, Time Summary reports and payroll expense reports
- Support with following up on agency mandatory courses and HR related processes.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration strongly preferred or equivalent relevant experience with completion of IPMZ diploma or other HR certification course.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in HR, preferably with an International or local NGO and good knowledge of HR best practices and standards.
- Experience with and knowledge of employment laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices. Good understanding of the local labor law.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS). Knowledge of Belina Payroll system required.
- Supervisory experience would be a plus.
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Strong customer service ethic and abilities
- Very good planning, coordinating, and organizing skills
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Required/Desired Foreign Language Nil
Travel Required (Ability to travel 10% to field locations)
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: All CRS’ employees, Deputy Regional Director -MQ (as and when required), SARO HR Community of Practice
External: Ministry of Labor, Statutory bodies such as ZIMRA, NSSA, NEC, Medical Aid provider, other suppliers of services to HR and the NGO HR community
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation