Head – Job Creation and Sustainable Livelihoods
• Contributes to, and participates in the development of the Job Creation & Sustainable Livelihoods Strategic Plan.
• Provides technical expertise and advocacy on job creation, sustainable livelihoods and institutions (homes) management,
• Reviews and evaluates job creation and sustainable livelihoods programs and devises interventions in line with HLF objectives and goals.
• Identifies and engages with stakeholder through visits attending functions/conferences and collaboration in all on institutions (homes) management, job creation and sustainable livelihoods programming activities.
• Provides technical expertise and leadership on job and opportunity creation projects in line with HLF strategic goals.
• Promotes the development of technical skills amongst unemployed youths in line with identified opportunities or ongoing projects.
• Receives and reviews project proposals from unemployed youths and undertakes feasibility studies for recommending to the Program Director.
• Builds households capacity and knowledge through provision of training and technical know-how to support sustainable rural project implementation.
• Oversees the development of training manuals for HLF funded projects such as (poultry, piggery, cattle fattening etc.) to guide beneficiaries of HLF funding.
• Receives and reviews individual’s rural household’s projects proposals and makes appropriate suggestions where necessary.
• Recommends for approval of funding for identified rural household projects in line with approved funding guidelines.
• Liaises with Steward Bank to prepare funding guidelines for project for submission to the Program Director for approval.
• Reviews and evaluates sustainable/re-imagine rural projects and programs and devises interventions in line with HLF objectives and goals.
• Identifies agricultural market chains that can benefit local communities and projects funded by HLF.
• Oversees the proper and efficient management of HLF supported institutions in line with the relevant legislation, organisational values policies and procedures
• Co-ordinates and monitors casework and administrative functions of all institutions in line with expected standards of performance
• Checks and monitors the budget on monthly basis, identifies variances and takes appropriate action in the event of budget overruns/under expenditure
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• First Degree in Economics / Development Studies/ Entrepreneurship or equivalent
• Master’s degree in relevant field is a requirement
• Professional qualifications in research and data management are added advantages
• Minimum of 6 -8 years’ experience in similar or related high level position
• Degree-level qualification or equivalent experience in international development, conservation or sustainable livelihoods
• Possess sound knowledge of development frameworks and contemporary global issues.
• Familiarity with the use of project management tools including Logical Frameworks, Theory of Change models, Budgets Activity Plans and Monitoring & Evaluation frameworks.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, with demonstrable ability in gathering and assimilating facts and data from various sources.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong sense of responsibility, personal initiative, and follow-through;
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-task environment;
• Ability to work as part of a team and to coordinate across departments;
• Ability to travel in remote areas
• Ability and desire to develop, support and manage a team of staff,
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Email your cvs to [email protected]