Established in 1989, our client, the National Social Security Authority (“NSSA”) Isa high-profile organisation in the provision of Social Security Services and is of critical Importance to national development. NSSA’s mandate is supported through numerous administrative centres right across Zimbabwe. Its mission is to provide social security and promote occupational safety and health for all members through responsive schemes and devices. The Authority has retained us (LoriMak Africa) exclusively to seek a dynamic and driven individual to recruit for the position of General Manager/Chief Executive.
The position reports to the Board of Directors with oversight from the Minister of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare as the shareholder representative. The incumbent will be mandated to provide the strategic vision, planning and operational leadership to ensure that NSSA optimizes its social security delivery and investment processes, to meet or exceed client mandates. He/she will have overall accountability, responsibility and authority for the management of all the organisation’s business affairs, in accordance with the strategic plan and objectives adopted and approved by the Board, and subject to oversight by the Board.
- Strategic Planning – the definition, development and execution of strategic vision and planning
- Financial Oversight – ensure the accuracy, efficacy and integrity of all financial information; reporting and disclosure requirements; setting of internal controls.
- Business processes – transparency of operations; compliance requirements; management of business operations; systems and resources planning; service delivery.
- Customer Relationship Management with all key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Management of Complexities – sensibility to operational stakeholder, political socio-economic and public policy issues and challenges.
- Decision making – exercise sound judgement regarding any course of action to be taken in order to fulfil NSSA’s mandate as a
- Social Security Agent and Investment Manager.
- A postgraduate qualification in Business, Social Sciences, Finance ,Strategy or other suitable field is preferred Masters or PhD level
- Demonstrable track record in executive management and; leadership roles, preferably in the Social Security Sector.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Government regulations, compliance requirements and policy considerations.
KEY COMPETENCES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A technically sound individual with Zimbabwean citizenship.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Strong bias for action and results.
- High levels of social emotional and political maturity and understanding.
- Impeccable integrity, transparency and honesty.
- Must command market credibility and exhibit level of gravitas commensurate with the standing of the
Should you wish to be considered for this role, please submit your latest curriculum vitae and certified photocopies of your qualifications to Lorimak Executive Recruitment Consultants on smalls: richardelorimak.co.zw or [email protected] by not later than 29 November 2020.