Finance Manager – ICAP
The position of Finance Manager reports to the Director of Finance & Administration. The role of Finance Manager supports the Country Office in ensuring necessary financial resources are available for program execution, reporting diligently on the spend by various projects and ensuring all transactions are done in accordance with Donor and Columbia University rules, regulations and guidelines.
· Ensure timely and accurate capturing, recording and reporting of financial data for projects in the QuickBooks database,
· Support the timely development, review, approval and submission of correct and concise financial reports to management and ICAP HQ through OnBase,
· Analyse and report gaps between planned budgets and actual expenses on a monthly basis,
· Gather information from the relevant departments, programs / projects to support the consolidation of budgets for project proposals according to project/mission needs and donor constraints,
· Participate and assist in budget monitoring and budget developments for proposals,
· Support the development of functional budgets necessary for attaining country office objectives,
· Supervise the management of safes and cash ensuring requisite funds are available for uninterrupted program execution,
· Assess monthly cash-flow needs for projects, prepare cash forecasts, and submit timely to Cash Management Team,
· Support the creation and maintenance a robust filing system which enables real time access to financial information and on time financial reporting,
· Oversee the creation, maintenance, updating and management of the Asset Log/ Register for the country office and submission of periodic reports to ICAP HQ,
· Support the design of and implement effective information and process flows and management with the Finance department and across other departments.
· Conduct other duties as appropriate, and as instructed by the Country Director or Director of Finance & Administration
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance,
· Professional Qualification and membership of an internationally recognized Institute like CA, ACCA, CIMA, CIS or equivalent,
· A Master’s degree in business sciences will be an added advantage,
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing donor funded grants,
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of and proven experience in working with donor regulations like CDC, USAID, PEPFAR, DFIAD, UKAID etc.
· Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and written,
· High organizational skills and ability to work under extreme pressure and multitasking,
· At least five years’ experience at a managerial level
· Minimal travel of 5-10% to research sites and subgrantees will be required for effective performance in the jo