Applications are invited from suitably qualified, experienced, self-motivated and task oriented individuals to fill the above position that has arisen within the City Engineers Department. This is a one year fixed term Contract and renewal is based on performance management system (IRBM).
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Clean Class Two (2) Driver’s License with a minimum of five years post qualification experience.
• Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
• Experience in the operation of a various types of heavy road construction equipment
• Be a team player with a solid understanding of driving Nissan UD, KAMAZ, Daflveco, Tippers etc.
• Possession of a Valid Operator’s License with two years driving experience is an added advantage
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will be reporting to the Roads Superintendent Technician and will be responsible for:
• Driving of heavy trucks as and when required to do so.
• Safe achievement of equipment tasks and targets to support service delivery.
• Monitoring of equipment when in use or not.
• Ensures that the vehicle is sent for service at the required service intervals.
• Take responsibility for the vehicle both on and off the road, training and proper discipline of any subordinates.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Applicants should submit 6(six) copies of detailed CVs and certified copies of certificates which should reach the office of the Town Clerk by close of business on 18 June 2018.
City of Mutare
P.O. Box 910
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will automatically disqualify candidates.
“EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY”