Job purpose is to ensure that international and domestic Civil Aviation Operations are safeguarded against acts of unlawful interference, through policies, regulations, practices, and procedures as well as ensuring compliance with internationally accepted standards.
Reporting to the Director General. Location: Head Office
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing, reviewing, and implementing aviation security strategies, policies, practices, procedures and regulations to ensure compliance with international and national standards and recommended practices within the civil aviation industry.
- Establishing, administering, and promulgating, on behalf of the Government of Zimbabwe, the National Civil Aviation Security Programme.
- Establishing, administering, and implementing the National Civil Aviation Security, Quality Control and Security Training programmes.
- Reviewing and ensuring the adequacy of security programmes and associated documentation produced by airports, airline operators, cargo operators, handling companies and any aviation operator.
- Conducting, inspections, audits and testing security standards and operating procedures for airports and all aviation operators.
- Fostering and ensuring good working relationships, cooperation and exchange of relevant information and experience among Contracting States.
- Ensuring security of the Authority’s documents, personnel and equipment.
- Liaising with other Security Organizations through the National Aviation Security Committee.
- Defining and allocating tasks within government policy guidelines for implementation of the National Aviation Security Programme.
- Constantly analysing the level of threat to Civil Aviation and initiating such actions to effectively counter the perceived level of threat.
- Carrying out aviation Security Risk Assessment.
- Providing secretarial services to the National Aviation Security Committee.
- Reporting timeously to the Director General, on all security matters needing their attention.
- Participating in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
- Ensuring that the International Civil Aviation Organization and Shareholders requirements on Aviation Security compliance to standards are met.
- Ensuring the development and implementation of Departmental work plans, Result Based Management system and overseeing performance evaluation of the department.
Qualifications and Experience
- A University Degree in security studies or equivalent.
- A relevant post graduate qualification in aviation is an added advantage.
- A thorough knowledge of ICAO and local civil aviation security standards.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in security operations of which five years must be at senior level.
- Sound knowledge of security as a discipline.
- Strong analytical, communication, and investigative skills.
- High level of integrity
- Excellent leadership skills
- Highly computer literate