NetOne Cellular (Private) Limited seeks to recruit outstanding and results oriented individuals to fill the above posts in our organisation.
Reports to the Field Maintenance Manager.
To carry out planned, preventive and corrective maintenance on diesel engine generator units on Base Stations, Repeater Stations and the Switching Centers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyses alarm log details and develops corrective measures
- Installs standby diesel engine generators and associated switchgear on new projects
- Recommends materials or equipment required to carry out installations according to laid down standards
- Identifies potential suppliers of the required material in compliance with laid down purchasing procedures
- Commissions new standby diesel engine generator installations on new base stations
- Ensures the availability of suitable spares
- Maintains and updates records, system drawings, station files, route schematics so as to guarantee traceable records for all activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a National Diploma in Diesel Motor Mechanics
- Qualified Class 1 Journeyman
- A minimum of five years’ experience in Diesel Engine Generator installations and maintenance
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s License is a must with at least two years driving experience
- Apprenticeship trained
- Telecommunications Sector Knowledge is an added advantage.
- Good communication and relational skills
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures
- Ability to work with minimum or no supervision
- Sound knowledge of auto electronics will be a distinct advantage
- General knowledge of DC and AC alternators and control panels
- Knowledge of safety and health regulations when working with diesel engines
- Computer literacy.