NetOne Cellular (Private) Limited seeks to recruit outstanding and results oriented individuals to fill the above posts in our organisation.
The incumbents shall be reporting to the Diesel Mechanic.
To assist in carrying out the installation, repair and maintenance of a diesel standby plants so as to minimize site outages due to commercial power failures, safely, timely and cost effectively with minimum supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in carrying out planned, preventive and corrective maintenance on diesel engine generator units on Base Stations, Repeater Stations and the Switching Centers
- Carries out 1st line generator maintenance and repair works
- Assists to install standby diesel engine generators and associated switchgear on new projects
- Assists in analysis of alarm log details and implement corrective measures
- Assists on commissioning of new standby diesel engine generator installations on new Bise Stations
- Ensures the availability of suitable spares in stock
- Maintains and updates records, system drawings, station files, route schematics so as, to guarantee traceable records for all activities
- Maintains standby diesel engines in a high state of cleanliness inside and outside
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a National Certificate in Diesel Motor Mechanics;
- Apprenticeship trained
- Trade tested skilled worker class three (minimum) up to class one journey man certificate
- Minimum of 5 Ordinary Level Passes including Maths and English
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Diesel Engine Generator installations and maintenance
- Telecommunications Sector Knowledge is an added advantage
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s License is a must with at least two years driving experience and a valid Defensive Driving Certificate.
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures
- Ability to work with minimum or no supervision
- General knowledge of alternators and control panels
- Knowledge of safety and health regulations when working with diesel engines
- Knowledge of AC and DC power systems including generator and ATS control panels.