The Public Service Commission is inviting applications from suitably qualified job seekers to fill the posts following posts in the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Innovation, Science and Technology Development: Deputy Director, Teacher Education, Deputy Director, Polytechnic Education, as detailed below:
POST DEPUTY DIRECTOR, TEACHER EDUCATION
REPORTS TO : DIRECTOR,
DEPARTMENT : TERTIARY AND HIGHER EDUCATION
STATION HEAD OFFICE
MINISTRY HIGHER AND TERTIARY EDUCATION, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate policy reviews and disseminate policies that influence the establishment of an efficient Teacher Education system.
- Stimulate policy dialogue to address current and emerging issues in teacher education through meetings with Principal of Colleges.
- Establish major activities of institutions involved in teacher education and consult stakeholders in order to meet national development imperatives such as Vision 2030 and devolution.
- Conduct surveys to determine the need of institutions involved in teacher education and advise manpower
- Facilitate staff development programmes for stakeholders in order to remain competitive and relevant to commerce and industry.
- Assess the resource requirements and utilization at teacher education institutions under the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development.
- Develop and maintain a responsive information system on teacher education programmes implemented by the
- Assist teacher education institutions in designing and maintaining a local information system for their purpose, head office and stakeholders
- Evaluate and determine the impact of teacher education policies and programmes in relation to commerce and industry.
- Monitor the recruitment and selection of students for entry into Teachers Colleges to ensure efficiency, transparency and inclusivity
- Supervise Human Capital and Skills Development Officers within the Teacher Education Section.
Qualifications, experience and attributes;
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Sciences / Business Development and Management/Vocational Technical Education/Strategic Policy Planning or related equivalent qualification.
A Master’s degree in the above mentioned field(s) is an added advantage.
At least 2 years experience as Principal Human Capital and Skills Development Officer or 8 years experience in education management, administration and curriculum development.
- Analytical Interpersonal and communication skills
- A strategic thinker and team player.
- Computer literacy.
Candidates, especially women, with relevant long-term experience at senior levels in the private sector or in the non-state enterprises domain within and outside Zimbabwe are encouraged to apply.
Application letters, including detailed CVs and copies of certificates should reach the Public Service Commission by 30th of October2020and should be addressed to:
Public Service Commission
9th Floor, Social Security Centre
Corner Sam Nujoma Street/Julius Nyerere Way